A Complete Guide to Bitcoin Technical Analysis
Warning: md5() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/thefivyh/public_html/cryptorials.io/wp-content/plugins/feedzy-rss-feeds/includes/abstract/feedzy-rss-feeds-admin-abstract.php on line 1133
- How to follow a logical path through selecting the best cloud mining services in 2021? - July 15, 2021
- Staking VS other ways of earning on cryptocurrencies – what makes most sense - June 14, 2021
- Introducing SafeHamsters - May 27, 2021
Latest Price News and Analysis
- TA- Trezor (TRB) Holds Strong Above $40, Will The Crypto Pullback Affect...by jamesobande on August 19, 2022 at 7:04 pm
The price of Trezor (TRB) in the last few days has continued to look strong against Tether (USDT). Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and other altcoins have struggled to hold above their key support zones after the market turned bearish. The price of Trezor (TRB) has continued to maintain its bullish structure. (Data from Binance) Related Reading: Bitcoin Price Short-Term Upswing In Peril As Bulls’ Aggression Dies Down Trezor (TRB) Price Analysis On The Weekly Chart From the chart, the price […]
- Bitcoin Price Declines Below 50-Day MA, Is A Recovery Expected?by Best Owie on August 19, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Bitcoin price has no doubt had an interesting couple of weeks. After managing to recover from the crash that rocked the market in June, it is now back down to where it began, losing more than $3,000 in a matter of days. The swift decline has put the digital asset below key technical levels. So while the cryptocurrency had managed to maintain some bullish indicators after falling from $25,000 initially, it has now completely reversed this trend. Bitcoin Loses Technical Levels Bitcoin has seen a […]
- TA- Price Of Ethereum Struggles To Hold $1,700, Are Bears Taking Over?by jamesobande on August 19, 2022 at 1:30 pm
The price of Ethereum (ETH) has struggled against Tether (USDT) in the past few days, with more downtrend than the bullish sentiment seen in recent weeks. Despite outperforming Bitcoin (BTC) in recent weeks, the price of Ethereum has found itself in key zones that would decide its major move. Related Reading: Ethereum Price Slides As Staked Token Reaches New ATH Ahead Of Hyped Merge Ethereum (ETH) Price Analysis On The Weekly Chart From the chart, the price of ETH saw a weekly low of $1,020, […]
- TA: Ethereum Uptrend Vulnerable Unless It Surges Past $1,900by Aayush Jindal on August 19, 2022 at 4:48 am
Ethereum extended losses below the $1,820 support against the US Dollar. ETH could decline further if it fails to start a recovery wave above the $1,900 level. Ethereum started a fresh decline and traded below the $1,900 level. The price is now trading below $1,880 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $1,880 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken). The pair could continue to move down if there is a clear move […]
- TA: Bitcoin Price Showing Early Signs of Fresh Downtrend, But $22.5K Is...by Aayush Jindal on August 19, 2022 at 2:28 am
Bitcoin declined further below the $23,000 level against the US Dollar. BTC is moving lower and remains at a risk of more losses if it breaks the $22,000 support. Bitcoin extended losses and declined below the $23,200 support. The price is now trading below the $23,500 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $23,550 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken). The pair could extend losses if there is a […]
- TA- Binance Coin Price Fails To Break $337, Have Bulls Given Up?by jamesobande on August 18, 2022 at 7:34 pm
The price of Binance Coin (BNB) has struggled to break above $337 against Tether (USDT) after being rejected from that region. Binance Coin price in the past few weeks outperformed the price of Bitcoin (BTC) but has not been able to match the strength it has shown earlier to break above this resistance and trend higher. Related Reading: Axie Infinity Drops 4.7% In Last 24 Hours As AXS Struggles In The Red Zone Binance Coin (BNB) Price Analysis On The Weekly Chart From the chart, the price […]
- Bitcoin Price Must Clear This Level If It Wants To See $28,000by Best Owie on August 18, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Bitcoin’s trajectory in the recent recovery showed a clear intent from bulls to target the $28,000. While it hit some important milestones in its big to reach this level, it has been unsuccessful in reclaiming it. The tug-of-war between the bears and the bulls continues as the fight for control wages on. Given this, there is now a critical technical level that the price of bitcoin must clear before it is able to continue on its campaign to reach $28,000. Capitulate And Breakout Bitcoin has […]
- Here’s a Look at Our Favorite New Patternsby Jeremy Anderberg on August 18, 2022 at 4:39 pm
There are now over 260 Patterns that can be inserted into your pages and posts in just seconds. Here's a look at some of our favorites.
- TA- Ethereum ETH Shows Bearish Signs, Eyes $1,700 As Nearest Supportby jamesobande on August 18, 2022 at 1:30 pm
The price of Ethereum (ETH) has struggled to hold above $2,000 against Tether (USDT) after being rejected from that region. Ethereum price in the past few weeks outperformed the price of Bitcoin (BTC) but has shown bearish signs indicating the ETH price could be set to retest the nearest support. Related Reading: TA: Ethereum Could Take Hit As The Bulls Show Weak Hands Ethereum (ETH) Price Analysis On The Weekly Chart From the chart, the price of ETH saw a weekly low of $1,700, which […]
- TA: Ethereum Could Take Hit As The Bulls Show Weak Handsby Aayush Jindal on August 18, 2022 at 4:08 am
Ethereum extended losses below the $1,850 support against the US Dollar. ETH could decline further if there is a clear move below the $1,800 level. Ethereum started a fresh decline from the $1,950 resistance zone. The price is now trading below $1,900 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance near $1,920 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken). The pair could gain bearish momentum if there is a clear move below the $1,800 […]
- TA: Bitcoin Price Won’t Go Down Quietly: Key Supports To Watchby Aayush Jindal on August 18, 2022 at 2:08 am
Bitcoin extended losses below the $23,650 support zone against the US Dollar. BTC must stay above $23,200 to avoid more losses in the near term. Bitcoin remained in a bearish zone and traded below the $23,650 support. The price is now trading below the $23,650 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average. There is a connecting bearish trend line forming with resistance near $24,000 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken). The pair could extend losses if there is a […]
- Grow Your Audience with Microsoft Startby Mindy Postoff on August 15, 2022 at 3:00 pm
With the help of Microsoft Start, WordPress.com creators are getting access to an all-new tool to increase their audience.
- New Design Superpowers for You to Leverageby Mike Bal on August 8, 2022 at 7:02 pm
One of the most exciting things about WordPress is that it’s constantly improving. In fact, did you know that Gutenberg releases new functionality and improvements every two weeks?! There have been a number of really cool and powerful capabilities rolled out over the last few months that give you even …
- New Tools for More Successful Editing Adventuresby Mike Bal on August 2, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Spacing in Galleries You now have the power to control how much space lives between your images at the horizontal and vertical level. This allows you to create a variety ways to present a collection of photos. You can even eliminate all of the space to give it a collage …
- Hot Off the Press: New WordPress.com Themes for August 2022by Jeremy Anderberg on August 1, 2022 at 8:26 am
The WordPress.com team is always working on new design ideas to bring your website to life. Below you’ll find the six newest themes that we’ve added to our library, giving you beautiful options for a product showcase, photography portfolio, travel blog, or whatever else you can dream up. To install …
What is Technical Analysis?
Technical analysis (TA) is a methodology for forecasting future price movements by studying past market data for price and volume, and seeking patterns within that data.
A technical analyst will look for continuing patterns, or trends, which indicate the general direction of price movement. They will also look for repeating patterns, which are used to gauge whether a trend is likely to continue or reverse, and to indicate the point at which a reversal may take place. In addition to visually recognizable patterns, various mathematical models are used to indicate trend reversals or confirm continuing trends. These mathematical ‘indicators’ are often visually represented on charts using an ‘overlay’. Indicators can be used to select entry points for longer term positions determined via fundamental analysis, or for day trading strategies such as swing trading.
Many of these visual and mathematical patterns, which tend to repeat over and over again in various different financial markets, have been identified over the course of centuries. Analysts will seek to identify these patterns forming within current market data in order to find indicators for forecasting, and multiple indicators will usually be combined together to provide buy or sell signals of varying strengths.
A typical chart has been embedded at the top of this page which includes two common indicators – Bollinger bands and moving average lines – and one more interesting and unusual indicator: the phases of the moon. You can modify the chart to look for other indicators by clicking the button which looks like a bar chart with a zig-zag arrow above it.
Does it Work for Bitcoin & Altcoins?
The patterns studied by TA are generally caused by the actions of market participants themselves, rather than any changes to the underlying value of what is being traded (although of course the underlying value changes are ‘priced in’ by the market participants). They represent common psychological traits, the actions of people making decisions based on knowledge which comes into their possession, and so on. As such, these techniques can be applied to most financial markets.
It is generally thought, however, that these techniques do tend to break down in smaller markets with low volume and liquidity.
So it is probably safe to say that if technical analysis works at all, then it should work for Bitcoin. But is also true to say that it will be unreliable for smaller altcoin markets. This is not a hard rule, but a general guide. The most popular altcoins, or coins going through periods of high volume, may prove to be valid exceptions. It is down to the individual trader to make a judgement as to what extent these tools can be trusted for any specific market.
Top Resources for Bitcoin Technical Analysis by Experts
If you are new to this topic then perhaps the best thing that you can do is follow the analysis provided by established experts, both for making more educated investment decisions and for learning how to become a better analyst yourself. You can view some great articles published on news websites in the left hand column of this page, but for more detailed and timely information here are some of the best sources for professional analysts’ opinions on the Bitcoin price:
- XBT Social: For a monthly membership fee this site give you access to a daily analysis by professional traders, email alerts for sudden price movements, exclusive news stories, and access to an ‘exclusive community’ of other traders.
- BullBearAnalytics: A team of professional analysts provide paying members of this site with complete, actionable trade signals for both BTC and altcoins, a daily market update, and a more in-depth weekly report.
- BraveNewCoin Reports: This is a well-known information site which publishes regular reports covering sentiment, fundamental and technical analysis extended across a wide range of altcoin markets as well as BTC.
- TradingView: In addition to providing a range of charting tools you may find useful, TradingView allows its users to share their analysis with others. This is the only source in this section where you an view content for free, but please beware that not all of the authors are professional traders.
Analyst Opinion Summary
The widget you can see below displays the latest opinion of analysts on Investing.com with simple signals of ‘Strong Buy’, ‘Buy’, ‘Neutral’, ‘Sell’ and ‘Strong Sell’. It is automatically set to a 1 minute time Frame which probably won’t be very useful for most traders, but you can change that to display a longer period without leaving the page:
Bitcoin Technical Analysis Software: Charts and Tools
A handy charting tool created by TradingView is provided at the top of this page, and I wholeheartedly recommend you have a play with it if you haven’t already. But of course there are also many other useful charts and tools that you may like to use. Here are some of the best ones:
- Cryptowatch – This site allows you to view price data chart from a range of different exchanges for BTC/USD, BTC/EUR and BTC/CNY. They offer a range of different chart types including Heikin-Ashi, bar, line, mountain or candlestick, and access to a wide range of customizable indicators and overlays. If you create an account you can also connect it to the Bitfinex exchange API and use it as a complete trading platform.
- BTC-E – One of the most popular tools on the traditional financial markets is MetaTrader 4. This exchange allows you to use MT4 for Bitcoin trading.
- Bitcoin Charts – This site has a clean design and is easy to use, and offers a wide range of charts including candlestick, OHLC, closing, median, or typical price, and weighted close. You can view data from pretty much every BTC/fiat exchange with up to four indicators at a time.
- Quandl – If you want to go beyond price and volume data to look at things like the transaction and mining data then this is a great source of information with lots of different charts and the option to export data via API or download as CSV files.
- TradingView – You can see and use the charting tool from TradingView at the top of this page.
- BitcoinChain – An interesting combination of TA charting tools and block explorer for general network stats and transactions, which also pulls order books and latest trades from several top exchanges.
Best Free Sites to Start Learning Technical Analysis
There are loads of great resources available on the internet that you can access for free, to start your journey and learn all about TA. Here is a small selection of the best ones:
- Investopedia: The Basic of Technical Analysis – If you are a complete beginner then this is a great place to start. It will introduce you to the basic principles and terminology that you need to know, as well as some of the most popular chart types and indicators.
- Chart School – This free resource provided by the StockCharts.com website includes a huge amount of information on every aspect of TA.
- InvestTools – There are some really excellent paid courses here, but there are also several free classes which are well worth it for beginners.
- ProBitcoinTrading – Although not specifically related to just TA, this site offers some excellent general trading tips, including a free ebook as well as premium ebooks and consultancy services.