How To Earn Bitcoin Playing Fun Games (No Deposit Needed)
Latest posts by Dean (see all)
- Shopping with Bitcoin: a comprehensive guide for beginners - January 9, 2017
- A seller’s guide to using the Syscoin market as an alternative to eBay - December 20, 2016
- MoneyBadger: send Bitcoin to an email address or cell phone number - December 17, 2016
Gamble with Bitcoin
BigcoinGames.com – Choose from any one of the bitcoin gambling sites listed on this website and claim a bonus of up to 1BTC (deposit required).
Have Fun Playing these Zero Deposit Games!
There are a million and two different ways out there to earn bitcoin, from picking up a few Satoshi for filling out captchas on faucet websites, to working a full time job that pays in btc. But all of those things are boring. What you really want is a way to earn yourself some lovely bitcoin whilst doing something which is actually good fun to do. Like playing video games. It may come as a surprise to you to find out just how many different websites and apps there are which include ways for you to earn bitcoin – or earn an internal currency that can be cashed out in bitcoin – whilst playing a fun game. Everything you will find listed on this page is free to play – no deposit needed. I have also taken care to make sure that all of the games are fun to play and, preferably, require some element of skill rather than just straight up luck. As always I welcome suggestions in the comments if you know of anything I’ve missed off these lists, just as long as you don’t spam and only recommend quality.
Earn Bitcoin While Training Your Brain
- SatoshiQuiz – With a prize pot of 1000 Satoshis for every question, this is actually quite a fun little quiz game with some interesting questions. There’s a good mixture between easy and tough questions, and you get one minute for each quiz question so if you are fast fingered you may even be able to Google the answer to questions you don’t know before the clock runs down on you. There are also regular challenges with prizes of up to 1 million satoshis!!!
- The Bitles – Available on all major platforms, this puzzle game rewards you in coins for every level you complete as well as offering a daily bonus for training your brain on a regular basis. Its quite fun and the rewards are pretty generous.
- Bitcoin Riddles – Solve riddles presented in YouTube videos and if you are the first to get the correct answer you win a prize in BTC!
Earn Bitcoin with Trading Games
- Spark Profit – (Repeated from apps section above because its available for web browsers or mobile devices, and certainly fits into the investment strategy category). If you fancy yourself as being the next financial whizz kid, earning millions as a city trader in London or on Wall Street, but you are actually trying to live off a dollar a day in your mother’s basement, then this is the game for you. Its a financial trading simulation in which you try your hand at making predictions about real financial markets, including digital currency markets as well as fiat forex markets. The better your do the more currencies you will unlock, and the more points you will build up. At any point, you can cash out your points to BTC or fiat! Perhaps one of the best things about it is that they will also provide you with tutorials and resources to help you learn how to become a successful trader. If you are one of the top traders you can earn up to $100 per month, but you do need to verify your email and phone number first.
Earn Bitcoin Playing Flash Games
- Tremor Games – Tremor Games has a wide range of different flash games, just like you would find at most good quality online arcade sites. Unlike those oyher sites, however, you can earn ‘Tremor coins’ for playing games and gaining acheivements, and when you’ve built up a large enough haul you can then exchange them for a range of goodies including bitcoin withdrawals
- Cash Clamber – It takes a bit of getting your head around this, but basically its a way to create and play skill based games with your friends for btc prizes – they have their own framework for making up your own games. You can also play anonymously if you want.
Apps and Phone Games
- [iOS] Takara – PokemonGo style geo-caching game where you collect coins from specific locations in your local area! Also includes Spells of Genesis collectible blockchain-based trading games as well as actual coins. Android version coming soon!
- [iOS & Android] Bitjoy – Bitjoy offers two different games with more on the way, both of which are modern takes on classic video games. The first is ‘Froggy’, which sees you jumping across roads and avoiding obstacles while collecting coins and trying to keep ahead of the poison fog that is chasing you – that’s available for both Android and iOS. The second game is the ’80s space shooter’ which is currently only available for Android. You have to register on their site before downloading the apps.
- GameFaucet – Three different games allow you to collect coins as you go along and also to get a bonus for completing a level: Pirates Adventure, which is a little bit like a renewed version of pacman; Going Nuts, which is a physics based adventure / puzzle; and also a Bubble Shooter. There are also power ups that you can purchase to make things easier for yourself if you want.
- SaruTobi – SaruTobi is a flying monkey, who you literally use to collect coins which appear on the sreen in this simple but addictive game for the iPhone or other Apple device. This was one of the original games primarily designed to be fun to play with the added bonus that you could withdraw free BTC, and it is still amongst the most popular.
- The Bitles – See the description above in the brain training section or check out our review. Availabe for Android and iOS.
- Bitcoin Flapper – An alternative to SaruTobi for Android users is this flying game in which you can challenge your friends to play with your in tournaments, and the winner is rewarded with a BTC prize by the game.
- Oh Crop! – This Android game pits you against a plant uprising in an apocalyptic future, and if you get into the top ten scores you earn BTC rewards.
- Spark Profit – See investment / market trading games section above for full descriptions – the app is available for both Apple iPhone and Google Android devices and you can earn up to $100 per month playing a simulation of the world’s financial markets.
- FaucetGame gives you a very small number of satoshi from their faucet, but you can then use these free coins to play a slot game in a casino with very big difference – the odds are stacked in your favour instead of against you. You can only play small amounts to start off with, but you can use your winnings to level up and unlock multipliers to increase the amounts.
- Bitcoin Ball is a basic minesweeper style game in which you are rewarded with a few satoshi for every safe square you uncover.
Get Paid to Stream
- BitGamer.TV – Play your favourite games, stream the action, and potentially earn a range of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin. Viewers can set you challenges (10 no scope kills, laptime under a minute etc) and offer prizes if you meet the challenge. Currently you might find there are not many paying viewers, but its a nice idea and would be a great way to earn if you were able to do so.
Earn Bitcoin Playing MMO & Sandbox Games
- BitQuest – If you are a fan of Minecraft then you are going to absolutely wet yourself over this. If not then maybe you will be soon, as its a fun andvery popular ‘sandbox game’ in which players build up the game world themselves. You make the game, you defined the story – you get control over everything. BitQuest is a custom MineCraft server which makes Bitcoin the in-game currency, which you can earn by mining, trading with other players, and so on.
Earn Bitcoin Playing Treasure Hunt + Augmented Reality Games
- Takara – see phone games section above.
- BitRunner – Augmented reality gaming taken to the next level. This is a cross between a treasure hunt and an action game you can play with friends: not only can you find coin fragments by visiting the right locations, and piece them together to earn bitcoin, but you can also steal them of other players using cunning strategies. You can play with any mobile device that has GPS.
If you look beyond BTC to some of the other ‘alt coins’, or alternative cryptocurrencies, there are plenty more opportunities available. Of course you don’t have to keep those alt coins, you can exchange them for BTC as soon as you get your hands on them if you want…
Hyper is the number one cryptocurrency for gaming at the moment. You can earn it in loads of different ways in loads of different games, with new ones coming out all of the time. There are Hyper game servers for many popular titles such as CounterStrike, Minecraft, Starmade and more where you can earn Hyper in regular competitions and tournaments:
In addition to these competitions you can also earn a regular Hyper income playing the classic space strategy game Zandagort, the RPG Dragon Knight or the (very basic) new space strategy game Hyper Wars – all of which have more complete Hyper integration allowing you to trade in-game resources which you have earned, collected or taken from other players for Hyper coins.
New games and competitions are added all the time to check out the Hyper website for the latest: http://hypercrypto.com/
You can earn Neucoin playing the ‘Solitaire Racer‘ game on Facebook, where you compete to complete your deck within the time limit, or against other players to win the pot!
HunterCoin – This ‘human mineable’ coin is one of the original ways to earn cryptocurrency by playing video games. Its a massive multiplayer online game where you earn HunterCoins for each kill you make. You also have to compete against bots these days though.
The best is yet to come. Some of the most exciting games are still in development – here come the teasers.
- CoinRPG – A massive action RPG game where you compete to be the best coin collector in the realm, and then cash out your riches for real bitcoin in your wallet.
- Spells of Genesis – This is described as a mixture between traing card games and arcade action. If you sign up now you will get extra free coins when they eventually go live.
Leet is a peer-to-peer betting platform for gamers. You really need to make a deposit and then place bets on yourself to win against other players, so it doesn’t fit the bill for the main section of this post, but if you are skilled at any of the supported games (CounterStrike, League of Legends, Minecraft Hunger Games) then it could provide a really great way to earn yourself some coins.