How To Earn Bitcoin: 10 Ways & 101 Websites
Latest posts by Dean (see all)
- HYBSE, GMEX and MINDEX collaborate to list the world’s first Multi-Asset Stable Token in Mauritius - February 22, 2019
- Brilliant Bitcoin Investing: How to Start Investing in Bitcoin - January 22, 2019
- Here’s How to File Cryptocurrency Loss Deductions at Tax Time - December 28, 2018
Today there are almost as many ways to earn bitcoin as there are ways to earn any other kind of money. In one sense that makes this an easy article to write – its not difficult to learn how to earn bitcoins. In other ways it makes it very tough to write, because there is no ‘one-size fits all’ answer which is going to suite everybody who might end up on this page.
In all honesty the best way to earn bitcoin is just to stop thinking about it as something different from the regular fiat money that you use everyday. How do you get money usually? Well, that is probably how you should go about earning digital currency as well. But of course I do realize that its not always that simple. Perhaps you just want to get hold of a small amount of Bitcoin to try it out before buying some. You may also be struggling to earn money at all, and are interested in exploring new opportunities within this exciting new economy, or using it to supplement your income. And, of course,not very many bosses are going to be happy to pay you in BTC, so you may not think it is possible for you to earn bitcoin the same way you earn fiat money (hint: it is possible). If any of those scenarios apply to you, then hopefully this page can be of some help, at least pointing you in the right direction.
Because there are so many different opportunities out there, my guide on how to earn bitcoin will not provide a comprehensive list of every single website. Instead I will introduce you to around 10 general strategies with some links to a few of the best websites for each one and information about how to find more. The 101 websites from the title includes sites listed in other Cryptorials articles which this page links to.
Get Rewarded in Bitcoin for Your Crypto Investment Intelligence
KoCurrency offers cryptocurrency investors the opportunity to pledge intelligence on intelligence contracts which ask users simple yes / no investment questions. The platform, amongst other things, acts as a predictions platform that zero’s in on the prediction patterns of the smartest members of the crowd. Users who continuously pledge intelligence correctly will earn Intelligence Tokens which can later be converted into Bitcoin. Users can pledge intelligence on many different subjects including bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, ripple and more. Essentially, KoCurrency allows users to sell the value they create within the platform in exchange for bitcoin. Take their cyptocurrency predictions platform for a spin.
Get Bitcoin Tips
You’ll find some other tipping platforms further down the page, but I thought it was worth pointing you to the Cryptorials reviews of BitForTip and Zapchain to kick things off. BitforTip is a Q&A site where the best answer gets a bitcoin tip, and Zapchain is a reddit style social network where you can earn tips for posting and commenting.
Earn Bitcoins From Faucet Websites
If you are just looking for a quick and easy way to get a small amount of bitcoin then faucets might be exactly what you are looking for. A faucet is just a website which gives free coins to every visitor. You will have to fill out a captcha to prove you are a real life human being and not an automated bot trying to game the system, you may need to let your balance build up to a threshold level before the coins are sent (so they aren’t all eaten up by transaction fees), and there will usually be a limit on how often you can claim from each site; but apart from that its just as simple as providing your wallet address and asking for some free coins to be sent to you. Some of these site are set up by enthusiasts who just want to introduce new people to digital currency, but today most faucets support themselves using advertising placed on the site.
You are certainly not going to earn a living using faucets – even if you are living in a basic wooden hut in the very cheapest location in the world you would probably not be able to do that. But you can quickly and easily get a few coins to get yourself started and make a test transaction or two to get familiar with using digital currency without needing to buy any coins.
Here are some of the best faucet websites:cet
- Moon Bitcoin – You can choose to claim every 5 minutes to maximize your earnings over the day, or claim once per day for the highest payout per claim.
- FreeBitco.in – One of the longest running faucet sites around, with a generous hourly payout.
Unless you have access to the best wholesale electricity prices in the world, you probably aren’t going to make a profit from buying mining hardware to run at home, although some people still like to do it as a fun way to earn bitcoins which also contributes something to running the network.
For others cloud mining is a more realistic alternative – but beware, there has been a number of instances of con artists setting up a fake cloud mining business which is actually just taking people’s money only for the business’s owners to disappear overnight with all the coins. To help you out with finding the real ones and side-stepping the scams we’ve compiled a comparison of what we think are the best cloud mining sites. Using one of these won’t guarantee you a profit, there are many factors which influence your earnings including the price per coin, hash rate, electricity price and so on, so make sure you do your homework, but it should give you the best possible start. There are also some offers and bonuses listed, such as a free welcome bonus you can get just for registering.
GPT Websites and ‘Microtasks’
One step up from faucets are GPT websites where you ‘get paid to’ do various quick tasks, sometimes called ‘microtasks’. Again, you are not going to make a decent living for yourself by using these websites, but if you have time on your hands and you are looking for something you can start straight away and continue to do whenever you have a few spare minutes, and which will earn you a few more coins that you can get from just claiming from faucets, then these sites may be worth a look.
Typically tasks can range from watching youtube videos that somebody is paying to promote, to clicking ad links and spending 30 seconds on a website, to filling out surveys and completing offers, or even doing a little bit of basic data entry.
Here are some of the best sites to ‘get paid to’ do simple tasks:
- Earn.com pays you to read promotional messages about crypto projects. You can also share your personal link and charge to read emails people send you. There are loads of tasks regularly updated, which makes this a really good and quick way to build up some coin.
- CoinBucks – A wide range of surveys as well as various promotional offers, some of which require you to make a purchase and some of which just want you to do things like accept a free 30 day trial or download some free software. You may not find a lot of offers you want to complete, but you do get a really good amount of BTC per offer.
- CoinAd – Get paid to click advert links and spend a certain amount of time on each site (usually 30 seconds or less). I’ve tested out a few similar services and this one seems to have the highest payments.
- BitcoinYellowPages – This directory service pays for the microtask of submitting business listings. If you can do a little bit of research and data entry then it might be worth a look.
Earn Bitcoins as a Content Producer
If you can create premium digital content then you will find that Bitcoin provides the perfect way for you to sell it over the internet.
- Bittit – If you have photographs or other images to sell then you could do worse than to take a look at this site, which provides a market for both stock photos and pornographic images.
- Watch My Bit – Upload your videos to this site and select your own ‘pay per view’ price.
- Streamium – Stream live video to your fans, charge per second, and get paid directly via the blockchain with no middlemen.
- Pastecoin – You can sell any text paste with this service, but it is most commonly used as a market for code snippets and simple website scripts.
Make A Website to Earn Bitcoin
Of course if you are going to produce digital content then you may prefer to create your own website rather than allowing somebody else to publish it for you. There are loads of great ad networks and affiliate programs that will help you to generate bitcoin revenue from your site. Take a look at these articles for more information and ideas about publishing your own website:
Earn Bitcoins on Social Media
You don’t even need to have your own website to start generating an income – if you are have a strong social media presence or you fancy yourself as a bit of a marketing guru, you can earn some free coins through social media. Here are some of the best websites that may help you do that:
- Changetip – This is the most popular platform for tipping across many different social media sites, and even provides you with a custom link that you can add to your profile page to receive tips. Post great content, make yourself useful, and wait for the tips to start rolling in.
- Coinurl.com – If you are a prolific link sharer who gets a lot of clicks on everything you share then interstitial ad services like Coinurl offer you a way to earn coins from every link you share with your followers by placing an ad before the content you are sharing.
- ⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧ – Check out the referral / affiliate programs mentioned in the previous section – you can promote these and earn using social media too!
- Re 2et in – Get paid in BTC for retweeting sponsored tweets.
Get A Job Which Pays in Bitcoin
- Coinality -Global jobs board and the option to upload your resume
- Bit Task – Mostly freelance work
- CoinDesk Jobs – Well paid full time positions, including listings from some major employers who are willing to pay you in BTC.
- BitcoinTalk Services Board – A great place to look for casual and freelance work within the digital currency industry.
Get Your Regular Wage in BTC
If you have a job then you can get paid in Bitcoin. It doesn’t even matter if your boss has never heard of cryptocurrency or even if they are a strident critic of it – you can get your regular wage paid to you in digital currency without your boss even knowing about it. The following services will take your paycheck and either convert the whole thing, or just convert a portion of it, and automatically send the coins to your digital wallet.
- BitWage – This is the best known company providing a service like this. They provide you with bank details to give to your employer, then when you get paid they convert whatever percentage you want and send your money to you the next day.
- Get Paid in Bitcoin – An Australian service provider which will work with your employer to let them easily pay your wage the way you want it to be paid.
If you are looking for some spare cash to provide a one-off boost to your finances then digging through your old stuff and picking out a few things that you no longer need to sell on over the internet is a good way to go. But of course you can’t just go to eBay if you want to sell your stuff for BTC. Fortunately, there are some great alternatives out there which let you do exactly that. This may also be a great way for you to start off your own business if have something that people want to buy. Here are some of the best sites to earn bitcoin by selling stuff online:
- CryptoThrift – This site is amongst the most popular auctions sites which let you sell your things for either bitcoin or one of the supported altcoins.
- BidBit – Another great ebay-style auction website for bitcoiners.
- Shopify – If you want to go beyond just selling a few old things and actually look into setting up your own retail business then Shopify provides one of the world’s most popular ways to set up an online store, and will let you sell for either bitcoin, fiat, or both.
- Open Bazaar – This decentralized marketplace provides a way to buy and sell anything for BTC. Here’s why its better than eBay.
Bitcoin Revenue Sharing
Many website today are based around ‘user generated content’. That means they provide a platform, whether its a social network, a blog publishing site, an image sharing site, or a thousand other things, and their users actually fill it up with useful stuff. To many people that doesn’t seem very fair, because the site’s users are providing most of the value but getting nothing in return. Revenue sharing is a way to even out that imbalance by paying part of the advertising revenue generated by a piece of content (which could be anything from a social media post to a video) o the person who originally posted it. There are loads of revenue sharing sites out there which pay in bitcoin, but here is a selection of the best ones:
- BitLanders – A social media website where it really does pay to share.
- Paste4BTC – Get a share of the ad revenue from your text pastes.
- Taringa – A Latin American social media site with digital currency revenue sharing
Earn Bitcoins Playing Video Games
Yes, you read that right – you can get paid to play video games. Of course you probably aren’t going to earn all that much, but I can’t think of a more enjoyable way to get paid.
There are actually dozens of sites in this category so if you are interested please take a look at the full list in our Get Paid to Play Video Games article!
Become A Bitcoin Broker
If you have a bit of capital to start off with (you don’t need a fortune, but >1 btc at least) then you can set yourself up as a broker, buying and selling coins with other users in your area. You can do this solo through a peer-to-peer marketplace such as local bitcoins, or you can sign up with LakeBTC which is looking for ‘Lake Bankers’ to operate as a kind of broker through their site.
Section 11 – Other Stuff
- CoinByCall – This service fascinates me, but doesn’t work in every country which unfortunately means I haven’t been able to test it. If you have any free minutes on your call plan this company can use them, and will pay you by the minute for letting them do so.